Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beer of the Month Club

I received the first installment of my beer of the month club yesterday and there's enough in there to warm any Polish boy's heart!

From the domestic shaker there's a local beer: Lancaster Brewing Company Winter Warmer Ale. If this is as good as some of their other beers like the Hop Hog I.P.A. and the Milk Stout, it will definitely be a treat on any of our cold winter nights!

That is followed by Sand Creek Brewing Company and their English Style Special Ale. I haven't ever tried a beer by these boys out of Wisconsin, but I'm a big fan of English beers so this one sounds interesting.

From my homeland, much to my delight I pulled a bottle of Łomża Mocne from the 12-pack shipping carton. This is a strong (Mocne is pronounced Muhhtz-neh and means strong) ale from the Łomża Brewery in Eastern Poland. Only ever having had beer from the Żywiec Brewery, this should be a great point of comparison. As I recall the Żywiec beer that I had tasted before was a pilsner and quite light. With this Mocne coming in at a nice 7% it should be an awesome ale!

Finally from Croatia, there's a Karlovacko Svijetlo from the Karlovacka Pivovara (brewery). I've never tried beer from these fellows but it's a pilsner of the Czech variety, so it should be tasty.

Thanks S!

No comments: