Friday, December 7, 2007

Bottle Labeling

I am considering labeling my bottles at the conclusion of bottle conditioning just before they go back into lager. I think this would be the best time to do this since the bottles are room temperature and the labels will probably stick better. I have read somewhere that a simple gluestick works best to hold the labels on with the goal of 1) holding the label on, and 2) coming off rather easily afterwards when the bottles are recycled for the next batch. I have a design in mind for the body-label but nothing yet for the neck label. I will have to whip my slave to get that done in time. Oh. I am going to spray my labels with something before-hand so that condensation does not disadhere them. I'm going to use a glossy spray coating. It should work. Hey, this is beer science!