Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hop Hog

Last week J brought over a six-pack of Lancaster Brewing Company's Hog Hog India Pale Ale.

This week I've been enjoying a bottle (or two) as I work on the backlog of tasks around the house.

Let's just say it's been slow going.

And I've had some time to think about taste.

Initially I couldn't put my finger on what was so familiar about the amber brew--there was something in its taste that I had tasted before.

And then it struck me that the taste was reminiscent of almost all of the Stegmaier beers from the Lion Brewery.

Hop Hog from the bottle displays the same house character as those beers, hence, having tasted the beer on draught in Lancaster, it's not the same beer from the bottle as it is from the brewery in Lancaster!

I may have to get a growler from Lancaster and another six-pack and do another taste test.

No comments: