Friday, May 8, 2009

Decabrew on Tap!

I woke up earlier this week and found myself waltzing into a beer bar that I had not visited before.

I was salivating to see what was on draft but low and behold they had all or almost all what I'll call Decabrew for lack of a better name.

By Decabrew I mean beer that's not from a Macro brewery or from a Microbrewer. I'm referring to beers like Sam Adams and Yuengling. Put another way, beer brewed by a company brewing say, greater than one million and less than two million barrels a year.

I can't think of any other beers that fit this category off-hand.

I found myself with an fitful thirst, yet I found myself turning my nose up over the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Yuengling Lager, et al.

There was never a time before when I behaved this way. I wonder why? These are all great beers but I found myself yearning for more.

Are Decabrewers on the slippery slope to Macrobrewer? Are these beers just too mundane these days?

Am I becoming a beer snob?

No comments: